See also: https://www.royal-southern.co.uk/calendar/events/event/5813
*NEWS* - Thanks to Antigua Sailing Week, Dream Yacht Charters and the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority, the prize for the overall Series winner of the Royal Southern Summer Series will include:
- Flights to Antigua, funded by Antigua & Barbuda - - Tourism Authority
- Bareboat Dream Yacht Charter,
- Dockage in UNESCO designated Nelson’s Dockyard,
and free entry to the 2020 edition of Antigua Sailing Week, April 25 – May 01, 2020.
The fourth and final event in the four part Royal Southern Summer Series.
The Summer Series consists of four open racing events held over the summer months. They are our bread and butter and encapsulate everything the Royal Southern is about, with great racing on the water and great fun on the shore.
The dates for the 2019 regattas are:
- Summer Series 1, Antigua Sailing Week May Regatta - 18th/19th May
- Summer Series 2, RigIt June Regatta - 15th/16th June
- Summer Series 3, Champagne Charlie July Regatta - 13th/14th July
- Summer Series 4, Land Union September Regatta supported by Doyle Sails - 14th/15th September
Each regatta consists of two days of racing with the following:
- Friday Night - Welcome Drinks Reception
- Saturday - Racing from 10:30, post-racing bistro menu available from 4pm, 7pm Daily Prizegiving and 7:30pm Crew Suppers (tables can be reserved on entry).
- Sunday - Racing from 10:30, post-racing Daily and Event Prizegiving
There are daily spot prizes, prizes for each weekend and series prizes which are awarded at the RSrnYC Annual Prizegiving.
Boats can enter through YachtScoring on each event page and the Notice of Series can be found below. Crew Supper tickets can also be purchased through entry, and can be added on at a later date.
Racing will take place on two courses in the Central Solent and the regatta is open to the following classes:
- IRC Classes (Black Group)
- J/88, Sundays only (Black Group)
- HP30 Class (Black Group)
- Double Handed Class (Club Handicap, Black Group)
- Club Class (Black Group)
- J/70 (White Group)
- Mixed Sportsboats (White Group)
- XOD (White Group)
IRC Splits will be entry dependent and any other class may request an invitation to attend by email to email@example.com.
Discounted entry is given to those who enter the whole series when entering the May Regatta, there is also a member’s discount for whole series entry. Please enter by following the links above to event pages, or by clicking the following the YachtScoring links below.
Enter by following the links to the event Yachtscoring pages:
- Summer Series – May: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=6191
- Summer Series – June: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=6198
- Summer Series – July: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=6199
- Summer Series – Sept: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=6200